Every single day of my life is different, despite me trying to have some sort of routine. I thought it would be fun to document random days and moments in my life, no matter how boring or spontaneous.
This is the first one: April 14, 2022.
April 14th was the day after my city was under a tornado warning while I was at a friend’s house, so I got home a lot later than I should have the night before.
3 am – wake up/alarm goes off
- My Echo Dot wakes me up with “As It Was” by Harry Styles (I ask her to play random songs to wake me up).
- My color changing bulbs slowly turn on for 30 minutes to wake me up.
3:26 am – get out of bed
- I slept in yesterday’s dress without unmaking my bed.
- Literally threw my stuff down last night and hopped into the bed
- Dress from H&M
3:41 am – write tentative plan for the day
- Though I know nothing ever goes according to plan
3:48 am – exercise time
- Currently doing a month of strictly standing abs workouts (results coming early May)
- Sports bra from Ross
4:08 am – shower & get ready
- Always listen to an episode of Jemele Hill is Unbothered while getting ready for the day
- Listened to her interview with Storm Reid on this particular day
4:39 am – leave for work
- Pants are secondhand from Plato’s Closet
- Dainty earrings are from local antique shop
4:51 am – arrive at work
- The inside of my over-the-top locker, decorated with Euphoria jazz, necessary inspirational quotes, and a piece of my valuable Golden Girls
5 am to 2 pm – work shift
- A coworker gave me a cream cheese-filled blueberry scone, and it was heavenly (definitely the best part of the day).
- Definitely would give the shift a 5 out of 10
- Started the day with an emotional breakdown because the woman I normally work with called out for the day
- Also started the day doing a pointless task and loudly expressing myself with corporate people being nearby (didn’t know that until I walked away)
- Currently still overthinking about things I said because I hate feeling like I’m overstepping
- Another day feeling sad but trying not to show it
8:48 am to 9:20 am – first break of the day
- Typically have two 15-minute breaks, but my team combines the time and does a singular 30-minute break
- Spent half of break eating and reading; spent other half talking to a coworker I know who keeps things private about my lack of eating and sleeping (though currently doing better)
11:34 am to 12:32 pm – lunch
- Went on a small grocery store run (where I made awkward small talk with a fellow coworker on his day off) then sat in my car and contemplated literally everything happening in my life
2 to 2:56 pm – get thumb fixed
- In my haste to leave my friend’s apartment post-tornado the night before, I broke my nail
- Since my nails were originally done out of town, I chose an off-the-wall color
- Now my thumbs look a little weird and match the rest of my fingers not at all
3:18 pm – arrive home
3:41 pm – end phone call with grandma
- Caught up with my grandmother as soon as I stepped through the front door
- Changed clothes immediately (absolutely love jumpsuits for around the house clothing)
- Jumpsuit is from TJ Maxx
3:59 pm – start laundry
- Focused on darks because work uniforms and seems to be all I wear during my 40 hours
- Always wear these slippers when going to laundry facility
- Slippers are secondhand from Plato’s Closet
- Completely flabbergasted price for laundry was raised
4:15 pm – clean apartment
- Lit two stress relief candles to add to cleanliness & calm vibes cleaning provides
- Utilize completing home tasks to listen to albums I’ve never heard before
- D-Day: A Gangsta Grillz Mixtape by Dreamville & J. Cole
- I Know NIGO! by Nigo
5:34 pm – make cookies for friend
- Wanted to make cookies for my friend because I like doing nice things for my friends/surprising them. That’s pretty much it.
- Type of cookie: Oatmeal Raisin
7:06 pm – time with my bestie
- A time of healing I wasn’t expecting
- Very wholesome vibes
- Developed a love for $5 macaroni & cheese empanadas
10 pm – record podcast
- Ended up hating the footage and re-filmed the next day
11:44 pm – try to sleep
- I ended up getting 3.5 hours of sleep, which is the most sleep I had gotten all week.
- I know that’s unhealthy, but I’m getting it together and have an explanation (even if it’s stupid).