Books, Albums, Podcasts, Television Shows, & Movies
With everything going on, we are still in the midst of a pandemic (enter Corona Chaos). Though people’s time is currently being occupied by fighting for Black Lives, I still compiled a list of books, albums, podcasts, television shows, and movies you could check out.
I know people are looking for black creators, writers, etc. to support, so I put them in bold. For the television shows and movies, they are works of art with black leads. This isn’t everything/everybody, and I’ll definitely do a part two.
*For the record, not everything on this list has to do with only black people. I support my race, but I also listen, watch and read things by/involving other races.
For now, I think this is a good start.
- A Song Bellow Water by Bethany C. Morrow
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
- Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum
- Monster by Walter Dean Myers
- All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
- Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The Last Black Unicorn by Tiffany Haddish
- Dear Martin by Nic Stone
- The Kids Are Alright by Chloe x Halle
- ADHD by Joyner Lucas
- Future Nostalgia by Dua Lipa
- CALM by 5 Seconds of Summer
- Black Habits by D Smoke
- Big Willie Style by Will Smith
- Trench by twenty one pilots
- Imagination & the Misfit Kids by Labrinth
- Oh My My by OneRepublic
- Cold Heart by Thirdstory
- Simply Special
- Song Exploder
- C’est La Me Podcast
- On Your Level Podcast
- We Bought a House with Claudia Sulewski and Finneas
- Dear White People (Netflix)
- Insecure (HBO)
- Summertime (Netflix)
- Never Have I Ever (Netflix)
- On My Block (Netflix)
- Family Reunion (Netflix)
- grownish (Hulu)
- blackish (Hulu)
- All American (Netflix)
- High Fidelity (Hulu)
- Self Made: Inspired by the Life of Madam C.J. Walker (Netflix)
- Sorry to Bother You (Hulu)
- Parasite (Hulu)
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before (Netflix)
- What’s Eating Gilbert Grape (Netflix)
- Homecoming: A Film by Beyoncé (Netflix)
- Queen & Slim
- If Beale Street Could Talk (Hulu)
- Becoming (Netflix)
- The Photograph
- The Princess and the Frog (Netflix)
Thank you for your support. I hope these recommendations introduce you to something new.
Please leave any and all of your recommendations below.
Be you. Be true. Make smart decisions.